2022 ONLINE HACKATHON
COUNTDOWN TO THE ONLINE HACKATHON
It’s that time again! The 2022 AR/VR Africa Hackathon is here!! For this year’s edition, these are the important information, details and resources to bear in mind to participate.
About The Hackathon
For the AR/VR Africa Hackathon 2022, participants are required to participate in a team and expected to conceptualize and develop their solutions during the Hackathon. A team can consist of a minimum of two (2) members and 5 members max. In tandem with our goal to give participants the opportunity to participate in all aspects of this year’s program - The AR/VR Africa Metathon 2022, the hackathon will be held both online, and in-person in 16 cities across Africa where we have country partners.
Teams unable to participate in the 48-hour in-person hackathon happening in select countries across Africa (Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, and Uganda) will hack online. These teams include:
1. Country Online Teams: Teams with all team members in one of the countries mentioned but not resident in the hackathon city of that country.
2. Africa Online Teams
- Teams with members from/in different African countries.
- All team members reside in one or more African countries not listed above.
Join Us Hacking Virtually
To confirm if your team will be hacking virtually, Click here
It is important to note that only your current location and not your African nationality determines how you participate in the AR/VR Africa Hackathon 2022.
Register your team for the Online Hackathon
There are certain criteria that must be met by teams participating virtually, to guarantee that their developed solutions can be submitted and accepted.
Your solution/project submission must include the following:
- Project Name
- Brief Description of the Project
- Summary of How the project works
- Link to GitHub Repo (which contains the project codebase, APK/EXE file and a PDF file explaining how to test the project).
- Youtube link to your Project Demo and Project Pitch.
- Each team will create a GitHub Repo and commit their code/project progress at least once each day of the Online Hackathon.
- Solutions without this daily progress database will be disqualified.
- Each team will create a demo video.
- The Online Hackathon kicks off on November 26th, 2022 and ends on November 30th, 2022.
- The deadline for submission is on the 30th of November 2022 by 11:59 pm (WAT) latest.